- Last Updated on Tuesday, 08 January 2019
All new hotels and resorts opening in 2016
Presenting the fourth annual Master List of new hotels and resorts in Thailand. This is a comprehensive list of 4 and 5 star properties scheduled to open in Thailand in 2016 and also in the pipeline at various stages of development all the way through to 2019.
You can find the 2015 New Thai Hotels Master List here
As always please keep in mind that until the doors on each property actually open, all dates are pretty fluid. The further in the future a property is projected to open, the more likely it is that those dates will change- almost always later in the future.
Sign up to the newsletter to keep up to date on the latest openings and news on luxury hotels and resorts in Thailand. I typically send this newsletter out 4 times a year.
If you are associated with a new property, or know of one and would like it added to the master list please contact me here.
September 2- Wyndham Grand Phuket Kalim Bay | Avani Khon Kaen Hotel & Convention Centre
New Hotel and Resort 2016 Master List
New Thailand Resort Openings
- Well Hotel Bangkok– January 1 2016 [Bookings]
Soft opening rates available for bookings made from January 1 to March 31 for stays up to 31 October. The hotel is located on Sukhumvit 20 and within walking distance to BTS Asok Skytrain, MRT Sukhumvit Subway, Terminal 21 Mall, The Emporium and Banjasiri Park.
- Wabi Sabi Boutique Hotel – January 2016 [Bookings]
Wabi Sabi Boutique Hotels Group has opened the doors to what is being referred to as the first completely non-smoking, totally “Zen”, all-suites boutique hotel, Wabi Sabi Boutique Hotel Kamala Phuket. Placing itself in the upper echelons of upmarket luxury boutique hotels, it is located a mere 2 minutes stroll to the shores of stunning Kamala Beach.
- Nai Harn Phuket– January 2016 [Bookings]
Recently named the best beach in Thailand by Trip Advisor, Nai Harn Beach is home to the revamped, The Nai Harn Phuket Hotel. The doors have just opened after an 18-month top-to-bottom facelift. Previously known as the Royal Phuket Yacht Club, it is a member of the Leading Hotels of the World.
- X2 HuaHin Lebayburi- Pranburi Villa – February 2016 [Bookings]
X2 Hua Hin LeBayburi – Pranburi, is a complex of 4 privately owned luxurious villas with their own individual swimming pools sitting on the sandy fringe of the Andaman Sea. Recently rebranded from Le Bayburi Pranburi Villas, they make an excellent addition to the X2 family.
- The Santiburi Beach Resort & Spa on Koh Samui (renovated) – February 2016 [Bookings]
If you are chasing one of the top Spa experiences in Thailand, then head to the newly revamped The Santiburi Beach Resort & Spa on Koh Samui. One of only 28 spas to have the official stamp of the Green Spa Concept for its impeccable services, a stay here is to wrap yourself in pampering decadence.
- Hua Hin Marriott Resort & Spa – March 2016 [Bookings]
After a three year absence, Marriott returns to Hua Hin with the stunning Hua Hin Marriott Resort & Spa, which just opened last week. Centrally located and sitting on 3.5 hectares of beachfront land in Hua Hin, there are 322 rooms and suites to wow the holidaymaker seeking a retreat in Thailand’s paradise.
- The Pavillions Phuket Suites- March 2016 [Bookings]
41 suites of different configurations in the sister property of Pavillions Phuket, and unlike its big sister, children are welcome.
- Novotel Bangkok Sukhumvit 20 – April 2016 [Bookings]
Opening in April 2016, Novotel Bangkok Sukhumvit 20, sits in the heart of Bangkok’s famous shopping and restaurant district of Sukhumvit. Accessible by tuk tuk or a short walk from the Sukhumvit MRT and Asoke BTS stations, you will be thrust into this vibrant hub that never sleeps.
- Amara Bangkok– March 2016 [Bookings]
In keeping with the Amara brand’s vision of integrated luxury lifestyle living, the Amara Bangkok offers warm and personalized service plus much more, considering the wow factor of its guest rooms.
- Hyatt Place Phuket, Patong– May 2016 [Bookings]
The second Hyatt branded hotel in Phuket to open, the Hyatt Place Phuket Patong sits mere moments from the sandy shores of the Andaman Sea and the dynamic eclectic tourist enclave of Patong, with stunning views over the sparkling blue waters of the never-ending bay.
- Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa Nai Yang– May 2016
Currently slated to open October 2016. Expect a detailed review post within one week of opening.
- X2 Khao lak Anda Mani Resort – June 2016 [Bookings]The multiple award winning X2 Resorts (Bespoke Hospitality Management Asia) have now boldly planted their feet on the incredible shores of Khao Lak with the stunning new X2 Khao Lak Anda Mani Resort.
- FuramaXclusive Farmers Boutique Resort Koh Samui – July 2016 [Bookings] Looking for a change of pace from the predictability of a beach holiday where instead of sandy feet in the mornings, it is the silence of a carpet of glistening green fields with bobbing coolie hats to greet you? Step from one of the 45 traditional Thai inspired villas into the cooling depths of a blue swimming pool.
- X2 Vibe Buriram – July 2016 [Bookings]
The latest addition to the X2 Vibe portfolio (pronounced “Cross two”), X2 Vibe Buriram is for the younger set – think price point without breaking the bank – who wish to have the sleek and contemporary stay of a 5 star hotel. It is funky and sleek with a racetrack feel of diagonals and checkered soft furnishings.
- Avani Khon Kaen Hotel & Convention Centre – July 2016 [Bookings]
- Akrya Beach Club Phuket – July 2016 [Bookings]
Oozing sophistication with an affluent bohemian flair, Akyra Beach Club is located front seat on the soft sands of Natai Beach, snuggled between million dollar homes and traditional local fishing communities on the glorious unspoiled sands of Natai Beach, it is a world away from the brash chaos of tourist trodden areas of Phuket.
- Modena by Fraser Bangkok– August 2016 [Bookings]
Modena will feature 239 residences aimed at those seeking an alternative to a “room” in a hotel, for either a short or long-term stay, alone or with family, on business or solely for leisure purposes. Modena by Fraser brand’s distinctive appeal and fresh approach will especially draw the Millennial crowd seeking 24/7 connectivity to cyberspace, no unnecessary clutter, stylish design and efficient functionality touched with a regional flavor.
- The Slate – August 2016 [Bookings]
Rebranded from the iconic Indigo Pearl. This award winning property boasts 8 restaurants and bars, 3 outdoor swimming pools, tennis courts, kids club, a private beach club and the indulgent tree-house style treatment enclave known as “The Nest” at the COQOON Spa for those indulgent moments of bliss.
- Away Koh Samui Elements Resort & Spa – August 2016 [Bookings]
Away Koh Samui Elements Resort and Spa, located at Phang Ka in the southwest of the island, boasts single and double bedroom pool villas and deluxe suites and a private beach.
- Avani Bangkok Riverside – September 2016 [Bookings]
Avani Hotels & Resorts, the “fuss-free approach” to hospitality by Minor Hotels and the sister brand to Anantara, is promising to deliver good design, excellent service and great value with sleep satisfaction, honest food and “a design for life”.
- Park Hyatt Bangkok – October 2016
Currently slated to open October 2016. Expect a detailed review post within one week of opening.
- Wyndham Grand Phuket Kalim Bay – November 2016
Clinging to a cliff face in Kalim Bay, with the Andaman Sea’s expansive blue waters centre stage on the playground of Phuket, the Wyndham Grand is set to open its doors in the picture postcard perfect beaches, world-class golf courses and decadent restaurant scene of Phuket.
- Radisson Blu Hua Hin – November 2016 [Bookings]
If you are looking for a property that will give you the wow factor, oozing decadence and promoting languorous behaviour on your part, Radisson Blu Resort Hua Hin will put you in the lap of such indulgence. Resting on the golden hued foreshore on the outskirts of Hua Hin, the property overlooks the aqua blue waters of the Gulf of Thailand.
- X2 Vibe Phuket Patong -DELAYED
- akyra Beach Club Phuket – December 2016 [Bookings] The Akyra Beach Club Phuket sitting on Natai Beach in Phang-Nga province provides a front row seat to the sun setting over the Andaman Sea. Cushioned cabanas, luxurious loungers, waterfront dining and beautiful people milling around in dark sunglasses sporting immaculate bodies suitably tanned.
- akyra Thonglor Phuket – December 2016 [Bookings] Edgy and contemporary, the urban hotel is swelling the ranks of hotels in the hot spot of Thonglor that is known for its arty air where you will find trendy drinking dives, upmarket restaurants.
- Ramada Phuket Deevana – Delayed indefinitely
- Novotel Phuket Town – Q2 2016
- ibis Styles Phuket Town – Q2 2016
- The Hermitage Resort – April 2016
- Hotel Indigo Phuket Naithon Beach Resort
- Mercure Bangkok Makkasan
- Waldorf Astoria Bangkok (2017)
- JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa Chalong Bay (2017)
- Centara Bangtao Resort Phuket (2017)
- Sofitel So Samui (2016)
- Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa (rebranding of Imperial Adamas) (2016)
- Best Western The Beachfront (Q2 2016)
- Rosewood Phuket (2017)
- Courtyard by Marriott Phuket at Chalong Bay (2017)
- Hyatt Regency Bangkok (2017)
- Hyatt Place Phuket (2016)
- Holiday Inn Express Samui Bophut (2017)
- Holiday Inn Resort Samui Bophut (2018)
- Rosewood Bangkok (2017)
- The Ritz-Carlton, Koh Samui (2017)
- Samui Palm Beach Resort
- The Bright (Bangkok)
- Sukhumvit 58
- Park Hyatt Phuket (2018)
- COSI Hotel by Centara (2017)
- Sala Chaweng (rebranding of Muang Kulaypan) (2017)
- X2 Hat Yai (2017)
- Baba Beach Club (Phang Nga) (2017)
- Foto Moken Hotel (2017)
- W Retreat Phuket – Phang Nga Bay. (2018)
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bangkok Soi Soonvijai ( 2018)
- Sheraton Phuket Kalim Beach Resort (2018)
- Four Points by Sheraton Phuket (2018)
- Ramada Chaofa Phuket (2018)
- kempinski Hotel Phuket (2018)
- Centara Grand Moringa Resort & Spa Phuket
- Best Western Premier Himalai Resort (2019)
- Sheraton Phuket Grand Bay Resort (2019)