- Last Updated on Tuesday, 20 August 2013
For information on cookies and how we use information collected, see our:
I may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from Wednesday, 18 July 2013
Terms and conditions
- Unless otherwise stated, all material on this site, including the NewThaiHotels logo and logo devices, scripts, text, videos, photos, is copyrighted.
- You are not permitted to distribute, modify, transmit, reuse, re-post, or do anything else uncool with any of the content on this site, including the text, images, audio, and video, for public or commercial purposes unless you are granted written permission. Sharing by social media and linking to the content is permitted and encouraged.
- You may copy and paste text from this site and share it by email providing you leave the accreditation notice and link that is automatically appended intact.
- The information provided on this site is created by myself, and writers in my employ. The information is compiled with care and is accurate to the best of our knowledge at the time of writing. No responsibility will be taken by us for any inaccuracies or errors on this site. If you are a representative of a property mentioned here and you find an inaccuracy, please feel free to contact us and corrections will be made. Please note that corrections will be made to factual errors but not to reviews or opinions that management of a property may not agree with.
- This site is monetized by two methods. 1. advertising and 2. affiliate links. Any advertising is done through banners on the site. If you are interested in advertising on this site please use the contact us page. I also link to Agoda, a reputable hotel reservation company based in Bangkok. If you make a booking through this site, it is likely that I will make a commission. This is how I make my living and am able to bring new and fresh content to you about hotels. While I love Thailand and luxury hotels with a passion, I do need to feed my family somehow and maintaining this (and other) sites, as well as collecting information is a full time job. An enjoyable one, but bills do still need to be paid.
- Hotels do not pay me to write about and review their properties. In cases where I stay at at property as a guest of the hotel (ie. no charge), this will clearly be indicated in the article, typically with the words “I stayed at [property name] as their guest in [month].”
- I am as objective as possible when writing about hotels I have stayed at. My reviews are not influenced by preferential treatment or any other means. Luckily because I focus on high end hotels, I rarely have negative experiences. In cases when I do have a negative experience I try to be as diplomatic and helpful as possible. I will not however cover-up or fabricate stories to make a property look undeservedly good.
- Pictures on this site are either our property of the property of the marketing departments of the hotels depicted in them. No permission is granted to download, alter or use them in any way. If you steal a photo of a hotel, even though you took it from my site, if it wasn’t taken by me or a photographer hired by me, then you are stealing the intellectual property of the hotel. They have big legal budgets.
- Likewise with trademarks, logos and service marks on our site, and trademarks, logos and service marks owned by other companies. You may be sued if you steal, alter or use our property or the property of others.
Changes to these terms